Over the past two decades, we have been developing and implementing the most comprehensive and automated tools available in the Truckload, Intermodal and Rail industry. TransWorks provides fully integrated systems designed to move shipments and financial information through your network using highly automated tools and shared process components. The functionality of this end-to-end solution includes:
TransWorks Transportation Management System (TMS) / Supply Chain Execution (SCE) solution empowers our customers to focus resources on exceptions and provide management with tools needed to minimize transportation spending by providing:
- Automated information exchange between you & your Carriers, despite many technology limitations
- Reduced cost per shipment by tendering to the 'best' carrier(s) in sequence, based on your rules
- Automated pickup appointment self-scheduling
- Proactive Exception visibility & notification of potential issues, before they grow into customer failures
- Objective carrier measurement, based on individual metrics…things like cost, reliability and coverage
- Automated freight payment…a common execution platform across multiple facilities and various back-end systems
The TransWorks solution has a comprehensive suite of features, focused on automating transportation processes by providing the best execution tools in the industry…
CARRIER INTEGRATION / INTERFACE OPTIONS:
TransWorks' TMS / SCE is your single point of integration to exchange information
with your Carriers
- Multiple options are available, based on your carriers' preference & ability to integrate
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- On-Line / web-based functionality
- Auto-Fax & messaging for carriers &/or drivers
AUTOMATED LOAD TENDERING OPTIONS:
TransWorks' TMS / SCE enables Tendering to the 'best carrier', according to your goals, objectives & customer requirements.
- Tender Configuration allows Location or Region based rules to govern Tendering execution:
- Examples include: operational hours, carrier response interval, primary/alternate tendering methods, etc.
- Lane-Based Tendering enable tendering according to your business rules to automate what carrier or groups of carriers are offered freight
- By lowest cost, service levels, broadcast, number & percentage allocations, or spot rate…in any combination by Region, Mill, State, Zone, Point, etc.
RATE/CONTRACT MANAGEMENT MODULE:
TransWorks' TMS / SCE provides Rate Management to emulate your existing rate database(s) or perform as a stand-alone rating engine
- Your carriers’ Rates are stored by effective & expiration date
- Rates can be based on multiple criteria such as:
- Customer, city, state, zip ranges, zones, equipment types, commodity, etc.
- Mileage, flat, minimum, per ton, per hundred weight, etc.
- Fuel Surcharge and other accessorials are applied to each shipment to determine actual cost
- Rating Engine is used to make cost-based tendering decisions and enable
APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING MODULE:
TransWorks' TMS / SCE enables carriers to set their own pickup Appointment after successfully accepting a Tender
- Appointment schedule can be defined by 'loading area'/dock
- Schedule slots & constraints are defined for each area
- Slots can be added or deleted or suspended by authorized employees to accommodate Holidays, Outages, etc.
- Carriers can self-schedule appointments as part of tender acceptance or at a later time
- If selected slot is unavailable, alternative slot is offered
- Appointment lists allow carriers to keep track of their pending appointments
EXCEPTION MANAGEMENT TOOLS:
TransWorks solution provides proactive Exception visibility & notification of potential issues, before they grow into customer failures
- Key Customer-Defined Events
- - Pickup, Delivery, PUSH, ETC.
- Proactive exception notifications based on business rules and Carrier preferences
- - Carrier can set and change preferences in their User Profile
- Logging of events & status changes for historical review
FREIGHT PAYMENT OPTIONS:
TransWorks solution provides Automated freight payment options…
- The TMS stores all key data required for Auto-payment:
- Auto-Rated shipments (Base freight, fuel and other accessorials)
- Proof of Delivery (from the Exception Management module)
- The TMS passes back the 'rated shipment' and ePOD
- Eliminates matching errors, duplicate invoices and invoice audit
- Outsourced freight payment
- TransWorks has formed a relationship with CASS Bank, for those customers wishing to use an outsourced freight payment solution
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE / PERFORMANCE REPORTING TOOLS:
TransWorks solution provides objective carrier measurement, based on individual metrics… things like cost, reliability and coverage
Implemented a powerful new Business Intelligence platform (Business Objects) to significantly enhance customers analysis capabilities
Flexible web/reporting mechanisms:
- Leverage existing pre-defined reports on demand
- Or use as a basis to create customized reports for your business
- Define and report on critical KPI’s
- Create ad-hoc reports
Ability to schedule reports to run hourly, daily, weekly, etc.
Many delivery options and flexible formats:
- Information can be stored, delivered via web browser, e-mail &/or printed
- Excel, DOC, CSV, HTML or PDF
Download PDF Brochure about Transportation Management System (TMS) / Supply Chain Execution (SCE) Solution for Shippers and Consignees. Adobe Acrobat 4.0 or higher is required to view this document. Download Adobe Acrobat here.